Things have been rather up and down for me lately. Overall, on the up side luckily, but still too much up and down for what I like.
- I have a writing project that is nearing completetion that I will talk about soon.
- At work, I am on a new client project that is challenging and has engaged my mind. Always a good thing.
- I’ve continued to enjoy my reintroduction to woodworking, and have made great strides in cleaning up the shop.
- The team that I helped put together is both awesome and supportive in the trouble that the project (below) has encountered.
- Vegas After Midnight, is a project that I have been working on in my head for years, and had assembled a great team recently to bring it about had to be shut down. If you want more details on that, I talked about it on http://vegasaftermidnight.net.
- My deck continues to be a struggle to start. Today I finally am able to have someone over to dig the holes for the footings, and… it rains.
- My 3D printer still has not arrived. The Eventorbot Kickstarter shipping is still happening, so I know that I will get it eventually. It’s just when that eventually is going to happen that is the most frustrating.
As I said, more ups than downs. I’d like things to be a bit more up, but life is life. I’m moving on with it and looking forward to making more up times.
When I have completed the edits and sent them into the editor, I’ll let you all know more about the writing project. I will tell you it’s up my alley with one of the things I am known to tinker with.
Once the holes are dug, I will be getting the building inspector out to look at them and then setting the footings for the deck.
Since Vegas After Midnight isn’t going to be happening, I have some other thoughts in my head to do.
I haven’t forgotten about the laser cutter either. I got the laser in, and I need to wire up a control circuit to turn it on and off using the Arduino. Once that is done, I’ll do some test cuts and post them here. Assuming success with that, I have the base of a larger version already started to allow me to make larger sized cutouts.
So again, things are up. The rain has let up, and the diggers are back at work. I’m going to go downstairs and help my daughter with a very tricky video game problem in Lego Star Wars. So if you will excuse me, I’ll be working on one of those high points in life.